Bridge enters into the SaaS … a positive experience.
Through 2014 Public IT Cloud Services Will Grow at More Than Five Times the Rate of Traditional IT Products, New IDC Research Finds. This burgeoning market is one that should not be ignored as a ‘passing trend’.
Bridge chose the Younicycle SaaS Platform as its main SaaS Platform and also used it to create new corporate web sites for all Bridge offices. (Click the image at the end of the article to get an enlarged view) Enabling Bridge employees to collaborate within a common, browser based interface made the decision simple.
Bridge original SaaS Platform criteria was:
- Must offer a secure, online, collaborative Workspace accessible via a browser.
- Must have a comprehensive set of development Tools internal to this Workspace without requiring frequent ‘trips’ back and forth to the User’s local drive. Provide WYSIWYG Tools where possible, but also enable those WYSYWIG Tools to integrate with higher performance, Expert level tools.
- Must include a Multi-site Content Management System, allowing multiple sites to be developed and hosted within one Workspace. The objective here was to avoid multiple host accounts, thereby streamlining development & management. Being able to keep data for all relevant sites within a common database was a must.
- Must have a comprehensive means of building an Access Control List for Bridge Users + a means of assigning those Users to specific Roles with Role Based Access Controls.
- Must be affordable; not only for licensing – but also for training.
Bridge found that Younicycle not only included all that was required, but more than we’d dared to imagine (see more below). Our first effort was with the Bridge-Moldova web site. Bridge bought an online SaaS account on the younicycle.com server, became familiar with the Tools and created the Bridge-Moldova web site. We noticed that as we were working, the underlying Product was being improved. We’d log in and see an additional internal Tool had been added – or an existing feature improved. It became obvious that the development of the underlying Platform was continuous and not a ‘dead-end’ as so often happens with desktop software. After several months, Bridge bought a Younicycle Service Package, installed it on its own server in Holland and successfully developed and launched six (6) additional websites:
In addition to its multi-site Content Management System Younicycle includes additional, integrated Tools that extend the power of the Platform well beyond that of a typical CMS:
1. Advanced Database Management System with visual SQL Query Builder and Tables Editor.
2. Reporting Tools with a schedule planner.
3. SaaS Management Tools – for bundling comprehensive Solutions with a few mouse clicks.
4. Graphical Younicycle Recorder & Editor – GYRE.
To see some tutorial videos, check this link:
Bridge’s developers found the platform easy to use with a well thought out & user friendly interface, allowing the learning curve to be surprisingly quick. Developers from Bridge-Moldova, Bridge-Ukrane and Bridge-India collaborated throughout the process, with solid and enthusiastic feedback.
We’re pleased that we found the Younicycle SaaS Platform and look forward to using it now & going forward.
In conclusion Bridge would like to announce to its customers that our new Bridge sites have been launched. All of you are encouraged to visit – and send your comments. Bridge now officially offers project development using the Younicycle SaaS Platform and can provide a dedicated team to collaborate with you and your internal staff.